We are proud to announce the release of VFB 2.0_beta1 designed in collaboration with MetaCell using the Geppetto open source platform. This release, available at https://v2.virtualflybrain.org, features:
- An integrated 3D image browser that synchronises with the stack browser familiar from VFB 1.5
A redesigned stack browser with fast section scrolling controlled by mouse-wheel or trackpad.
- A stylish new look and feel with an internal windowing environment and rapid synchronisation between components.
- A redesigned query interface making queries clearer and more easily extendable.
VFB 2.0_beta1 does not have the full functionality of VFB 1.5. In particular queries of FlyBase annotations of expression and phenotypes are not yet integrated. We are currently working on tuning queries for these and plan to incorporate them into the next release, scheduled for the end of April.
We’re also very busy adding new data including:
- a new template for the larval CNS with painted domains and registered neurons
- re-imaged VT lines from Janelia
- split-GAL4 line images from FlyLight (Janelia)
- neuron reconstructions from EM data
We are very keen to get community feedback on this release – including bug reports, features requests or just general suggestions. Please use the feedback link on the new site or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that although new development is focussed on VFB 2.0, we will continue to maintain VFB 1.5 in parallel.